Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 20:52:39 +0300

* Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com> [2023-01-24 20:31]:
> > [[elisp:(my-handler "I am ok here")][my handler]]
>
> Org also allows the user to define his own link types:
>
>  (info "(org) Adding Hyperlink Types")

I understand.

You see, Org is part of Emacs, me I expect that when I follow Emacs
Instructions that Org will be using Emacs settings, but it follows
it's own settings.

I mean these settings:

browse-url-handlers is a variable defined in ‘browse-url.el’.

Its value is
(("gemini:" . elpher-go)
 ("gopher:" . elpher-handler-go)
 ("about:" . hyperscope-about)
 ("mid:" . my-handler)
 ("hyperscope:" . hyperscope-url)
 ("e2dk://" . amule-handler))
Original value was nil

An alist with elements of the form (REGEXP-OR-PREDICATE . HANDLER).
Each REGEXP-OR-PREDICATE is matched against the URL to be opened
in turn and the first match’s HANDLER is invoked with the URL.

A HANDLER must be a function with the same arguments as
‘browse-url’.

If no REGEXP-OR-PREDICATE matches, the same procedure is
performed with the value of ‘browse-url-default-handlers’.  If
there is also no match, the URL is opened using the value of
‘browse-url-browser-function’.

  This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
  version 28.1 of Emacs.
  You can customize this variable.

--
Jean