Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 21:28:16 +0300

* AW <alexander.willand@t-online.de> [2023-01-23 16:58]:

> > > Isn't this rather important? How many users of orgmode get TODOs via
> > > E-Mail
> > > and need an efficient way to come back from the TODO to its origin?
> >
> > It is not up to Org. Try
> >
> >  (browse-url "mid:3218434.44csPzL39Z@linux.fritz.box")
> >
> > You will likely see nothing.
>
> Well, M-x  (browse-url "mid:3218434.44csPzL39Z@linux.fritz.box")
> produces [No match].

By default no match, but as already said, that depends of your
settings.

It works on my side as I have settings for that.

In Emacs it is up to user to set how to open it.

Same as with any Internet browser, when you try to use less used URLs,
then you will see browser is asking you by which application to open
it, if to remember that application and so on.

For example magnet: could be opened by Deluge or other torrent
applications, depending of user settings in browser.

There are too many applications and hard coding how to open message ID
would be limitation, not feature.

You may cutomize variable `browse-url-handlers' to get what you wish.

Its value is
(("gemini:" . elpher-go)
 ("gopher:" . elpher-handler-go)
 ("about:" . hyperscope-about)