Re: Patch for \usepackage[ ... natbib = true ...]{...biblatex} with org-

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Patch for \usepackage[ ... natbib = true ...]{...biblatex} with org-cite
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 11:15:14 +0000

Edgar Lux <edgarlux@mailfence.com> writes:

> I would suggest that the org-info pages mention (require 'oc-biblatex) and
> show an example of  how one can use extra options (with the #+latex_header as
> well). Further, may be it would be better to allow something like this:

Note that we have https://orgmode.org/manual/Citation-export-processors.html
Of course, the "Citations" section of the manual is not yet complete.
More examples and details will be welcome.

>     #+cite_export: biblatex "bibstyle=numeric-comp,sorting=none,
> hyperref=true,backref=true,url=true,backend=biber,natbib=true"

The general design is
#+cite_export: NAME BIBLIOGRAPHY-STYLE CITATION-STYLE

There, NAME is the name of a registered citation processor providing export
functionality, as a symbol.  BIBLIOGRAPHY-STYLE (respectively CITATION-STYLE)
is the desired default style to use when printing a bibliography (respectively
exporting a citation), as a string or nil.  Both BIBLIOGRAPHY-STYLE and
CITATION-STYLE are optional.  NAME is mandatory.

I am not sure how your idea fits the above.

Also, note that `org-cite-biblatex--package-options' combines INITIAL
option list from the \usepackage declaration already present with
options dictated by STYLE. However, only certain options are considered.
After applying your patch, things may be broken in this area.

P.S. Could you please send patches as plain text? They are easier to
view then.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,