Re: One of my Org files hangs Emacs

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: One of my Org files hangs Emacs
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 10:01:00 +0000

Richard Kim <emacs18@gmail.com> writes:

> I would suggest disabling "org persist" which has caused so much grief for me.
>
> (setq org-element-cache-persistent nil)

org-persist can only affect opening and closing the file. I doubt that
it is the culprit here.

> Prior to me adding above line, I would get mysterious hangs, and all
> kinds of frequent errors.  I tried debug-on-quit and debug-on-error, but
> this "org persist" thing was impossible to debug.

Note the most users do not experience such problems. Could you file a
separate bug report describing your situation in more details? We can
then try to work something out.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,