Re: Question about deadline/schedule events date text property

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Question about deadline/schedule events date text property
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 13:23:46 +0000

Daniel Fleischer <danflscr@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I'm working on an unrelated project that collects events from agenda
> buffers. I noticed the following: when you have a series of a repeating
> events, scheduled events have a date text property of the form
>     (1 9 2023)     date matches the instance date
>
> while deadline events have
>     738529         which repeats for all instances

I guess that the corresponding code is in `org-agenda-get-deadlines':

                  'date (if upcoming? date deadline)

> Is this intentional? Why don't they have the same format/behavior?

No idea. org-agenda is old and fragile. I would not dare to touch it
unless absolutely needed.

Note that `org-fix-agenda-info' converts the 'date property back to some
other format... (yes, that's kind of crazy)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,