org-cite-insert only searches on truncate author list

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: org-cite-insert only searches on truncate author list
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 18:09:00 +0000

Hello all,

Using org-cite-insert with vertico, matching is done only on the text
that the completion engine shows, text which has been truncated.  See
attached screenshot.  If I continue typing the second authors name,
Oluwamayowa, the second entry currently shown will disappear from the
options.  This is even more annoying when I am trying to search based
on, say, the third author of a paper whose name doesn't even appear in
this truncated table of completions.

I assume that, maybe, this is not org's fault but this kind of problem
only arises when using org-cite-insert so I was wondering if indeed
there is something I can tweak in org or oc- to get better completion
behaviour?  Or maybe something I can specify for vertico?

Note, with emacs -Q, the problem does not arise because the default
completion engine only allows completing based on the start of the entry
anyway.

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6-201-gb58fba in Emacs 30.0.50