Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Tom Gillespie
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 12:30:07 -0500

> I strongly disagree. I'd prefer to allow only internationally recognized
> time zone format. Let's not make life harder for Org file parsers.

So offsets and tz database names but no time zone abbreviations?

That seems reasonable since there isn't a sane way to handle the
timezone with dst vs abbreviation for an offset, so better to force
only US/Central aka America/Chicago and then -06:00 and -05:00
if users want CST/CDT to avoid any ambiguity?