[BUG] ob-sql sql-connection-alist

From: Andreas Gerler
Subject: [BUG] ob-sql sql-connection-alist
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 17:00:37 +0100

HI!

Last week I heard about using ob-sql with credentials stored in the variable
used by isql.
However I had to modify ob-sql to get it actually working.
Can somebody test the pach before I send in a commit?

#+begin_src sql :engine mysql :dbconnection testdb
show tables;
#+end_src

(setq sql-connection-alist
      '((testdb (sql-product 'mysql)
                (sql-server "127.0.0.1")
                (sql-user "mysql”)
                (sql-port 3306)
                (sql-password “foo")
                (sql-database "mysql"))))

I was considering writing another patch to map the sql-product to engine.
That way we could get rid of another parameter in the src block.
Opinions?

Thanks in advance…

Andreas Gerler

—