Re: Bug: Inconsistent behaviour about inline markup

From: c.buhtz
Subject: Re: Bug: Inconsistent behaviour about inline markup
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 10:16:26 +0000

Dear Timothy,

On 2023-01-15 14:22 Timothy <orgmode@tec.tecosaur.net> wrote:
> See <https://orgmode.org/worg/org-syntax.html#Emphasis_Markers>.

Thanks a lot. That help to make my code consistent.

But please take this also as a BugReport (because there seems to be no
regular bug tracker for orgmode). I see no need to restrict the allowed
characters that way they are. PRE and POST should be the same.
The only one exception is [ for POST because I suspect this isn't
implementable via RegEx or would interfere with parsing of links.