Re: [BUG] Shift-up/down move the cursor to end of timestamp

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Shift-up/down move the cursor to end of timestamp
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:11:49 +0000

Johannes Dahl <muusik@gmail.com> writes:

> ... However, the same problem (cursor is positioned
> after closing bracket) occurs with the related commands org-shiftcontrolup and
> org-shiftcontroldown. (For completeness: in 9.6.0 they were even slightly more
> broken in that they shifted the timestamps in different directions.)

Thanks!
This is a bit annoying, because the problem lies within
`org-timestamp-change' logic.
I now fixed the particular problem with `org-shiftcontrolup' on bugfix,
but I am afraid that similar issues may pop up in future.

Fix: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=97a235cf1

Ideally, we need to patch `org-timestamp-change' logic. See
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=76f9a3c2c

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,