Re: [BUG] [ox-odt] ODT export Chinese/Han script inserts unexpected spac

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] [ox-odt] ODT export Chinese/Han script inserts unexpected spaces in each consecutive line
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 08:20:50 +0000

Cantoraz Chou <cantoraz@gmail.com> writes:

> This commit
> [[https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=3502ce2dbb29b70cdbb978d144322d48cb00f26d][ox-odt:
> Fix newlines replaced by spaces in Han script]]
> brings in a strange bug.
>
> Exporting ODT produces an unexpected space inserted into each line.
>
> Eg, the simplest code (a consecutive line conposed of two contiguous lines)
>
> #+begin_src org
> 那时,天下人的口音、言语都是一样。
> 那时,天下人的口音、言语都是一样。
> #+end_src
>
> will produce following text:
>
> #+begin_example
> 那时,天下人的口音、言语都是一样。那 时,天下人的口音、言语都是一样。
> #+end_example
>
> Notice the second sentence, the space in `那 时'.

Thanks for reporting!
Fixed, on bugfix.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=cd967ce00

That was rather silly. I forgot that Chinese characters occupy two columns.

P.S. As Chinese user, do you have other gotchas Org might need to
address?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,