Re: copying text from links makes it with a starting [[

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: copying text from links makes it with a starting [[
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 17:15:48 +0800

> On Jan 12, 2023, at 15:45, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 2:26 PM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
>>
>> Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> writes:
>> Could you please provide more details about what is happening?
>> What exactly do you do to copy the link?
>> See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback
>>

> Imagine I've this org fragment:
>
> Link: [[https://foo.com]]
>
> where the link is displayed without brackets, in org mode.
> I place the point at the beginning of the first visibile character,
> hence the 'h', and the C-space M-e M-w and then go to another
> application and paste the content of the clipboard.
> I've seen that sometimes the link is copied as text, so both beginning
> and ending brackets are there, but with long links the ending brackets
> are not there, but it could be they I remove them accidentally.
> I would like to copy only the visible part, but I guess there's no
> solution unless I do something manually or configure a web package to
> open the link into another application.
>

> Luca

Hi Luca,

If all you want to do is to copy the (visible) URI without its surrounding
brackets, then maybe you can take a look at how C-c C-l is implemented
regarding how it gets the URI, and from there figure out how you can put the
URI into the kill ring.

Otherwise if you want to copy portions of the URI without also copying the
opening brackets, then I suppose there might have to be specialized commands
for C-w and friends that handles opening brackets?

Best,

RY