Request to bump up the Org version in Elpa [ Was: Incorrect numbering of

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Request to bump up the Org version in Elpa [ Was: Incorrect numbering of tables (and other elements like figures) ]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 08:47:21 -0500

Hello,

Can a new version of Org be tagged from the bugfix branch?

The below-reported bug was fixed quickly but the Elpa version of Org doesn't yet see that fix.

My ox-hugo package uses the Elpa version of Org mode for the tests on Github Actions, so my test suite has been failing for quite some time.

I believe that for Elpa, the only way to update the version is to update the version in the package's comment header.

--
Kaushal Modi

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 3:51 PM Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 3:52 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> Since Org 9.6, I am seeing that the numbering of tables (and other elements
> like figures) resets to 1 and stays so, thought I cannot see a pattern of
> why that happens.
>
> Org version: Org mode version 9.6 (release_9.6-40-g49cf3e ..)
>
> Here's a small reproducible example that shows the problem in any exporter
> (ox-ascii, ox-html, ..)

Thanks for reporting!
Fixed on bugfix. With a test now.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=bdb4c4c66
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=02909fe37

Thank you!

I confirm the fix. Also thanks for adding the test.