Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 16:51:01 +0000

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> are there reasons not to punt the orphanage issue to this emacs
>> orphanage (and, point to it from the org wiki)?  on the one hand, "less
>> control".  on the other, "less work" (even "globally", if things scale).
>
> Indeed, perhaps https://github.com/emacsorphanage is a good shelter
> for Org orphan packages already.

It is a good shelter, but I was hoping to promote Sourcehut and
discourage people using Github to report issues in favour of Org mailing
list.

Otherwise, I have no objections to Jonas Bernoulli doing the background
maintenance. Less work for us at the end.

One thing we may do though is letting him know about
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-orphanage.html - he may contact us or use
GitHub mentions, and he may let us know when a new Org-related package
lands on his repo.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,