Re: LaTeX tutorial (focused on what Org exports) ??

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: LaTeX tutorial (focused on what Org exports) ??
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 22:21:43 -0800

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> David Masterson writes:
>>>
>>> Yes, that's true.  The PDF viewer has to support popups.  I normally use
>>> zathura to view PDF documents but that's one example of a viewer that
>>> doesn't work with this document.  In cases like this, I switch to evince
>>> (others also work).
>>>
>>> But I find this document very useful.
>>
>>> Um, when I viewed it in my Emacs pdfviewer, it appeared to look fine
>>> *EXCEPT* that it appeared to be in Latin (good Latin, I think, but I
>>> don't read Latin).
>
> LoL... My kleines Latinum, though not completely fit right now, tells me that
> indeed it is very, very good Latin :-)

:-)

> Now seriously, I'm using org for my academic activities (producing lecture
> presentations and notes and laboratory scripts) and I'm extremely happy with
> what I achieve. There's always a slight grief in that I can't forward search
> or reverse search from a PDF...
>
> But anyhow, if you need a proofreader, happy to help..

With the Org files that you create, how many levels of headers do you
use?  I use Org for personal task management mostly, but I'd like to
produce good PDFs to give to my wife (Org is too complicated).  My
problem is that I'll structure my documents with many (5+) header
levels with tasks at the bottom.  The problem is that the 'article' and
'report' document classes used by Org don't look right if you go beyond
3 levels -- if you know what I mean.  (NOTE: LaTeX newbie)

--
David Masterson