Re: bug#59882: Multiple versions of Org in load-path problem

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: bug#59882: Multiple versions of Org in load-path problem
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 08:44:55 +0000

>> I tried to follow these steps, but unfortunately I am unable to
>> reproduce. Everything works fine using Emacs 27 on my side. Strange.
>
> I tried it once more in a minimal LXC container with Ubuntu-22.04 LTS
> jammy. This time I even removed the elpa-org-9.5.2 system package, so
> built-in version of org is really used. So, emacs-27
>
> - emacs -l org
> - M-x list-packages RET
> - / n org RET
> - move cursor to org, install it

On my side, it will give nothing useful: the package list is not updated
and I get:

Package org is built-in.

Detailed steps I tried (with package refresh) using with-emacs.sh [1]:

1. ~/Git/with-emacs.sh/with-emacs.sh -e emacs-27 -O -- -l org
2. M-x package-list-packages RET
3. C-s outline-based RET
4. RET
5. C-x o C-s instal RET
6. RET y
7. The warnings buffer appears, but only contains
   Warning (defvaralias): Overwriting value of ‘org-tab-first-hook’ by aliasing
to ‘org-cycle-tab-first-hook’

[1] https://github.com/alphapapa/with-emacs.sh

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,