Re: org-persist files in /tmp

From: tomas
Subject: Re: org-persist files in /tmp
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 07:35:13 +0100

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 11:07:52PM +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
> On 22/12/2022 22:45, Tim Cross wrote:
> > Could some of the issues people are concerned about regarding use of
> > /tmp be avoided if instead the temporary files were put into ~/.cache?

[...]

> Another idea is to avoid caching of parse result for small files.

I haven't been following along very closely, but seeing the
involved complexities, I'd appreciate a knob to disable caching
altogether.

My usage of Org hasn't triggered any slowdowns which would be
worth all that complexity (and yes, my biggest Org file so-far
is 36k lines, and my box isn't the fastest around).

But, of course, it's your call :-)

Cheers