Re: Org-cite (oc-csl) tip: Filtering bibliography for language

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Re: Org-cite (oc-csl) tip: Filtering bibliography for language
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 09:23:01 +0100

Am 19.12.2022 um 23:20 schrieb András Simonyi:
... I've forgotten to add that another (probably more user friendly)
option would be to design and implement some kind of  filtering DSL.

András

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 at 23:05, András Simonyi <andras.simonyi@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear All,

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 at 15:49, Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote:

Refinements welcome. I'm especially wondering what would be an elegant
way to generalize this for more languages without defining a predicate
for each language (given that we cannot pass the language as an
additional argument in the print_bibliography line).

Thanks for describing this usage! As for the problem of generalizing
to more languages, one relatively simple solution would be to allow
arbitrary sexps as filters. Then one could write something like

#+print_bibliography: :filter (lambda (item) (bibitem-has-language item "en")))

Would this type of extension be helpful? One (not necessarily
important)  consequence would be that filters of this type would be
obviously unusable with the biblatex exporter.

best wishes,
András

I'd say both options are certainly useful. A filtering DSL is surely the more user friendly option, but allowing lambda expressions would probably be quicker to implement, and it would also allow for predicates not anticipated by DSL designers.

Best,
Denis