Re: Radio links work only in small numbers

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: Radio links work only in small numbers
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 11:21:20 +0800

Hi All,

> It’s not like we cannot fix this by splitting the regexp manually into
> prefix tree.
>
> The question is performance though.

For reference, I ran into this issue with Org Glossary, and did exactly this:
see <https://github.com/tecosaur/org-glossary/blob/master/org-glossary.el#L804>.

I sort all the strings being matched with `string<' and then create clumps of
~800
terms and then search with the constructed regex for each clump in turn.

Obviously this has a performance impact, but it seems to work well enough, and
working slower is clearly better than not working at all.

All the best,
Timothy

--
Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor.
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/tec>.