Re: Radio links work only in small numbers

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Radio links work only in small numbers
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 02:00:59 +0100

> On 14/12/2022 06:10, Rudolf Adamkovič wrote:
>>
>> All [[link]]s in my notes perfectly match LEVEL-1 headings, so I figured
>> that I may as well ask Org to make links for me.  So, I replaced all the
>> ~4000 headings in my notes with radio <<<targets>>>.  However, Org now
>> errors out with "Regular expression too big".
>
> I think, you are abusing the feature. Too light markup requires too
> heavy processing. What about <<target>> and explicit [[target]]?

For context, I started using radio links back when I started studying
biology, and they helped me tremendously.  However, as I learned more,
Org "gave up".  Personally, I would not call taking some more notes
"abusing the feature", especially given the fact that the manual says
nothing about the limitation, and it stopped working pretty quickly.

That said, two days ago, I split my notebook into smaller files, so
radio links will not work for me anymore!

[1]: https://orgmode.org/manual/Radio-Targets.html
--
"Thinking is a momentary dismissal of irrelevancies."
-- Richard Buckminster Fuller, 1969

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava