Export Org with Org concept -- Re: Problems with C-c C-e file.org,

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Export Org with Org concept -- Re: Problems with C-c C-e file.org,
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 00:10:52 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2022-12-18 17:57]:
> andre duarte bueno <bueno@lenep.uenf.br> writes:
>
> > When I try to export file.org  using C-c C-e the window with the list of
> > possibilities appears. But it appears incomplete(visualization), so I try
> > to use the mouse to view the other export options and the system is
> > completely blocked. Every mouse click is captured and displayed in the
> > command window. And it doesn't allow you to do anything else. I am forced
> > to cancel the command without completing it.
> > Apparently C-c C-e is capturing all events and not just keyboard
> > events!

That is not first complaint, right? I would say it is obvious that
such interface is not user friendly.

> This is because we use `read-char-exclusive'.

Don't use what is blocking Emacs. Apart from Org mode I have never
seen a package that blocks Emacs that I cannot even inspect keys.

> Alternative menu designs have been discussed in
> https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/AM9PR09MB497743D21FA1C908392413F496D99@AM9PR09MB4977.eurprd09.prod.outlook.com/

I did not find anything on that link.

You have the Org menu, right? You can export it from menu, it could be
so simple.

Here is the concept of using Org similar buffers to export Org
buffers:

GNU Emacs package: rcd-org-export.el -- use Org to export Org:
https://gnu.support/gnu-emacs/packages/GNU-Emacs-package-rcd-org-export-el-use-Org-to-export-Org-76272.html

It is made for you, as concept, as I have already mentioned the
concept before months.

In general, this is Org mode, so why not use Org mode to export Org
mode?

See the video demonstration:

https://gnu.support/files/emacs/packages/rcd-org-export/2022-12-19-23:36:10.ogv

Package is made for you Ihor, as a concept of non-blocking export, it
is not functional.

You can now make automatic discovery of export packages and implement
it in Org if you wish.

As if not, I am sure that I can finish it and have that export working
well for my export backends.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns