Re: Babel (scheme): Evaluation errors are not shown

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Babel (scheme): Evaluation errors are not shown
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 12:41:33 +0000

Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen <marc@nieper-wisskirchen.de> writes:

> When I evaluate erroneous code of an Elisp code block like
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
> (x)
> #+END_SRC
>
> I see the error message ("Symbol's function definition is void: x") in
> the minibuffer (and in the *Messages* buffer).
>
> This is not the case with Scheme code blocks; evaluating the code block
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC scheme
> (x)
> #+END_SRC
>
> just gives "Code block evaluation complete (took 0.2s)." in the
> minibuffer (and in the *Messages* buffer).
>
> Is this a known error? Or is there a way to enable error messages?

ob-scheme.el relies on geiser library to handle code execution.
I do not know if it is possible to retrieve error messages using geiser
functions. You may check out `org-babel-scheme-execute-with-geiser' and
see if something can be done.

Note that we currently have no maintainer for ob-scheme and hence can
only provide very limited support. New features are hard for us without
experience with scheme and geiser.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,