orgmode 9.6

From: Paul Schlesinger
Subject: orgmode 9.6
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:02:05 -0600

Using the included orgmode 9.52 on emacs 28.1 for much of my daily work, university professor.  At the end of the day I quit emacs, saving all my work for the day in a very large folder tree that includes all my working files and this is rsync'ed onto a usb disk that is a backup and is sync'ed to a disk on my home computer and I have redundant backups. About one month ago upgraded to orgmode  9.6 using elpa  and about a week ago I started getting an encoding warning when i would tell emacs I wanted to quit. The warning indicated the offending characters but they were in an unformatted buffer on the screen and I became fatigued trying to correct them.  If I save the file as raw-text I preserve all the org formatting and structure.  I upgraded ny home computer to 9.6 and this started happening on it also.  I have returned my current computers to the included org 9.52 and the problem has stopped.  Can anyone report a similar issue, a cause and a solution.
Thank you

Paul H. Schlesinger MD, PhD
Don't let your models of reality become confused with reality itself.