Re: [BUG] org-element--cache: (org-agenda) Cached element is incorrect [

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-element--cache: (org-agenda) Cached element is incorrect [9.6 (release_9.6-90-gf49ee9 @ /home/stefan/.emacs.d/contrib/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:42:18 +0000

Bastien, I need your comment on the old commit of yours.

Stefan <org@stefan.failing.systems> writes:

>> 2. If you can, try to load Emacs with minimal Org-related settings.
>>    Then, try to load agenda and let me know if you see the warning.
>
> I did some manual bisecting of my config, and I noticed that the warnings in
> "Media.org" go away when I remove `(org-startup-align-all-tables t)` from my
> config.
>
> So I did some more digging, reduced
> my config to just contain `org-startup-align-all-tables` set to t,
> my agendas limited to Media.org,
> and removed most headings from Media.org.

Thanks! It looks like you found the culprit.

`org-startup-align-all-tables' triggers a function that changes buffer
contents (tables) during Org loading. For same reason, this function is
executed with modification hooks being suppressed and cache missing the
edits as a result.

The problematic commit is
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=9c4d403ada376dca771d9c2dadd7e9eebf4d5f7f

The commit seems to be applied around the time when we did some
aggressive optimizations for agenda views. However, I do not see any
email thread relevant to this particular commit.

Bastien, do you remember the rationale behind the linked commit? The
commit message is not particularly informative.

It appears to me that removing `org-unmodified' around table alignment
should be safe, but I may be missing something.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,