Re: [BUG] issue with texmathp [9.6 (release_9.6-22-g78d283 @ /home/jds66

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] issue with texmathp [9.6 (release_9.6-22-g78d283 @ /home/jds6696/.emacs.d/straight/build/org-mode/)]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 08:15:26 +0000

Justin Silverman <jsilve24@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the quick response. I just had a chance to check it out.
> Unfortunately (unless I am mistaken), with the change, `texmathp' is now
> always returning t... which is not very helpful.

Not exactly. I just tried to follow the docstring

(defun org--math-always-on (orig-fun &rest args)
  "Always return t in Org buffers.
This is because we want to insert math symbols without dollars even outside
the LaTeX math segments.  If Org mode thinks that point is actually inside
an embedded LaTeX fragment, let `texmathp' do its job.
`\\[org-cdlatex-mode-map]'"

So, `texmathp' will return t outside latex, inside inline latex, and
_maybe_ inside latex environments. Only inside latex environments, Org
delegates the job to `textmathp'.

Let me know if this change broke any real workflows.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,