Re: Keys to Category Filter Agenda

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Keys to Category Filter Agenda
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 11:24:58 +0000

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> In agenda, you can filter by category by pressing '<' when point
    >> on that particular category. To remove filtering, press '<'
    >> again. All this is explained in the org-mode info. However the
    >> initial agenda buffer, viewed by 'C-c a', gives the keys '<' for
    >> filtering but '>' to remove the restriction. This surely is wrong
    >> since '>' is the key to call the org-agenda-date-prompt, or am I
    >> missing something very basic here?

    > You are misunderstanding agenda buffer and the initial agenda
    > dialog.  The former is where "<" acts as category filter. The
    > dialog uses "<" to set agenda restriction, as it is explained in
    > the dialog message.

Indeed. I understand that, but the question was about '>' not '<'. The
initial agenda buffer has

    < Buffer, subtree/region restriction
    > Remove restriction

If I remove the restriction with >, as suggested by the initial buffer,
I get the date prompt. I have to enter either '<' again or '|' to clear
the restrictions. This information is given only in org-mode info not in
the initial agenda buffer.

Best wishes,