Re: [BUG] Setting export scope to subtree not working as expected [9.6 (

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [BUG] Setting export scope to subtree not working as expected [9.6 (9.6-gb3da42 @ /Users/apc/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 06:10:22 -0500

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I was seeing the same issue and I wasn't sure if this issue was in org-mode or the ox-hugo package. It was on my to-debug list.

Ihor: Thank you for the quick response and fix!

On Sat, Dec 10, 2022, 4:47 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
Alejandro Pérez Carballo <apc@umass.edu> writes:

> If point is on a heading followed by a subheading without any text in between, the export process is using the tree starting with the subheading instead of the tree starting from point position. If instead you have some text after the first heading and before the subheading, the tree that is exported is the tree starting from point position, as expected. I’m assuming this is a bug, but maybe I’m missing something.
>
> For example, take a buffer containing just this:
>
>    * The title
>    ** A subtitle
>    Some text
>
> If I export this to an HTML buffer, with point at the beginning of the first line and  after setting the scope to ‘subtree’, I get an HTML buffer whose title is “A subtitle”.
>
> If I follow the same steps on a buffer containing just this:
>
>    * The title
>    Some text
>    ** A subtitle
>
> I get an HTML buffer whose title is “The title”.

Thanks for reporting!
Fixed on bugfix.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=0616b3c37

--