Macro: exporting roman numerals formatted as small-caps

From: Carlos Martínez
Subject: Macro: exporting roman numerals formatted as small-caps
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 13:38:33 +0100

Hello everyone!,
I am working in a paper written in org mode. There are lots of roman
numerals referring to centuries. In Spanish, those are written in
roman numerals and small caps. I want to export my paper both to odt
and to LaTeX.

I found a macro by Juan Manuel Macías which helped me to export the
numerals surrounded by \textsc{} when exporting to pdf, but I struggle
to do the same when exporting to odt. This is the macro:

#+MACRO: sc (eval (if (org-export-derived-backend-p
org-export-current-backend 'latex) (concat "@@latex:\\textsc{@@" $1
"@@latex:}@@") (concat "@@odt:<text:span
text:style-name=\"T1\">@@"$1"@@odt:</text:span>@@")))

I want to achieve something like this: "When exporting to LaTeX (o
derived formats), surround the argument with \textsc{}; if any other
format [it will always be odt], do the same with the proper odt code.

Thanks everyone, and my apologies if this is a noob question (but I am
actually a noob).
Best regards
N.B.: I extracted the odt snippet looking at the contents.xml inside
the odt file.