Re: Multiple versions of Org in load-path problem

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Multiple versions of Org in load-path problem
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 13:30:58 +0000

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a proper way to do this?  Do I really have to delete the
> built-in 9.3 version (by hand or package-delete?) or will that mess up
> something else?  I saw mention of 'unload-feature' which is new to me --
> would that be safe to use?

In theory, Emacs should handle such updates even when built-in Org is
loaded. See https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59882

unload-feature is the last resort. We are still discussing the available
options in https://orgmode.org/list/87k033h218.fsf@localhost.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,