Two problems with export to Google calendar

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Two problems with export to Google calendar
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 11:30:10 +0000

Firstly, when I last exported during late summer, org generated an
.ics file with

X-WR-TIMEZONE:BST

which I think was intended to mean British Summer Time; but Google
interpreted it as Bangladesh Standard Time.  As a result, my events
from Org are shown at the wrong time in Google calendar.

Secondly, it seems to me that the concept of having a timezone for the
whole .ics file might be wrong.  My Org files have dated events in
both the summer and the winter, and it is obvious to me that the times
for the summer events should be understood as British Summer time
(UTC+1), and that the times for the winter events should be understood
as GMT (UTC).

Do others agree with that?  If so, it would need to be reflected on
export by each event having its own timezone, instead of a global
timezone for the whole file.

Best wishes,
     Neil