Re: [BUG] ob-R.el: extra empty data.frame columns generated from plain l

From: Johan Tolö
Subject: Re: [BUG] ob-R.el: extra empty data.frame columns generated from plain lists after recent change [9.6 (release_9.6-3-ga4d38e @ /usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 11:29:10 +0100

Greg Minshall <minshall@umich.edu> writes:

i see this same behavior. to me, (org-babel-R-assign-elisp) seems to be the problem, but it hasn't changed any time recently. (nor, if my =git
blame= is done correctly, has anything else in ob-R.el.)
[snipped]

Yeah, the problem is not a change to ob-R.el but the recent change to ob-core.el (see the message of the commit I referenced). But the change to ob-core.el is final if I understand it correctly which means that ob-R.el has to be updated. Sorry if I was unclear in my description.

Named plain lists were previously turned into data.frames with each first level item in one row. Second level items were in the second column I believe. After the change to ob-core.el they are still data.frames but first level items form columns instead of rows. Second (or deeper) level items are dropped as they should be after the change to ob-core.el (according to the commit message).

--
Johan Tolö