How to disable completely org-persist

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: How to disable completely org-persist
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 01:19:47 +0100 (CET)

I have already posted this to emacs-devel people (see
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-12/msg00045.html).

After a recent Emacs build from master I find `org-persist` directory in my
`.emacs.d` folder. It brings no benefit but only garbage in `.emacs.d`. So how
can I disable the creation of that folder?

Emacs-devel people suggests to disable `org-element-cache-persistent` but

(setq org-element-cache-persistent nil)

does not fix the issue because the directory is recreated each time I quit from
Emacs.. All this is very annoying.

You should not enable this by default and let people that finds it really
useful to enable it in its own init.el.

Best wishes,