Re: Problems getting org-macs.el macros to be loaded

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Problems getting org-macs.el macros to be loaded
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:40:32 -0500

Bram Adams writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just built the latest Emacs 29 version from the upstream release
> branch, which comes with org 9.6-3-ga4d38e (no other org version installed).
>
> Overall, it seems like org-macs.el is not loaded properly, since I get
> issues with invalid function errors for "org-assert-version" and
> "org-current-text-indentation", even though those are actually macros.
> The "org-assert-version" issue caused org to misbehave entirely, [...]

Thanks for reporting.  I haven't been able to trigger any issues loading
and using Org from the emacs-29 branch.  (This is with ./src/emacs -Q
after a clean build on Debian stable configured with native
compilation.)

It sounds like you're confident that are no other Org versions on your
load-path, but, just in case, did you check list-load-path-shadows for
anything suspicious?