Re: Mistake in LaTeX syntax not detected, strange pdf generated

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: Mistake in LaTeX syntax not detected, strange pdf generated
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 12:51:29 +0100

Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes on Tue 29 Nov 2022 12:33:

 > I would expect that the mistake be reported in the *Org PDF LaTeX
 > Output* Compilation buffer.  So far, what I saw in that buffer was
 > essentially what shows up when I run 'pdflatex org_generated_file.tex'
 > from a terminal.  Not this time: the "regular" pdflatex compiles
 > correctly, not the pdflatex that Org uses internally.

 > I thought what Org did was simply run pdflatex+bibtex+etc. just as
 > what one would do manually, but apparently there is some difference.

Hum, I correct myself here: the compilation buffer does report the
mistake (I hadn't looked at it).  Also, the manual compilation with

   pdflatex org_generated_file.tex

does generate the same pdf provided that I hit <return> many times.
Also, I see that the message

   PDF file produced with errors.

appears in the *Messages* buffer.

So perhaps Org could display this message in the minibuffer instead of

   Running /usr/bin/xdg-open /home/cochard/Org/debug3.pdf...done

which leads to the impression that the compilation is OK.

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr