Re: org-mode code fence for markdown

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-mode code fence for markdown
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 06:48:17 +0000

Norwid Behrnd <nbehrnd@yahoo.com> writes:

> I seek a similar fence to document a pattern in Markdown.  An example would be
> a nested list such as
>
> ```markdown
> * Item 1
> * Item 2
>   - Item 2a
>     + Item 2a1
>   - Item 2b
> * Item 3
> ```
>
> Contrasting to my anticipation, neither `C-c C-, s` followed by a tentative
> 2 on worg's documentation[1] mentions markdown.

It should, if you have markdown-mode installed.

Try

#+begin_src markdown :tangle yes
,* Item 1
,* Item 2
  - Item 2a
    + Item 2a1
  - Item 2b
,* Item 3
#+end_src

Note that you need to escape the stars as they would be recognized as
Org headings otherwise.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,