Re: Images generated by R code blocks do not display

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: Images generated by R code blocks do not display
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 21:46:39 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for looking at this. You've fixed the org-toggle-inline-images problem, but the image generation and display problem is still there for me.

Here's a one-liner shell block that generates an image with Imagemagick, so no extra Emacs packages necessary:

# -----

#+begin_src sh :results graphics file :file /tmp/colour.png
convert -size 300x300 xc:#002b36 /tmp/colour.png
#+end_src

# -----

But the image doesn't appear right away:

+ C-x C-f (load this file)
+ C-c C-c (to execute)
+ Say yes to "Evalute this sh code block on your system?"
+ #RESULTS block appears (good) but image does not show
+ But: C-c C-x C-v does work to toggle image display (fixed!)

This is the simplest way I could think of to generate an image with minimal dependencies, so I hope this boils the problem down in a helpful way. The image should appear immediately in the buffer, shouldn't it?

Thanks,

Bill