Re: [RFC] Re: Headings and Headlines

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [RFC] Re: Headings and Headlines
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 05:45:10 +0000

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> I think we are needlessly complicating this. We are talking about the
> use of a term in an internal code base. While I would agree heading is
> more correct, I don't think it is such a big issue to use headline if
> that make the transition to a consistent usage easier. When it comes to
> code, I think consistency trumps correctness.

Changing documentation means changing function symbols.
Changing function symbols means changing the code.
Changing the code should not reduce code readability, which is of
paramount importance to keep new contributions coming.

That's why I also consider code consistency important.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,