Re: [BUG] executing sh source block with ':results none' encounters erro

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] executing sh source block with ':results none' encounters error region is longer than org-table-convert-region-max-lines [9.6-pre (release_9.5.5-1118-g70cee1 @ /home/dortmann/src/git-org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 08:45:55 +0000

Daniel Ortmann <daniel.ortmann@oracle.com> writes:

> I have several small sh source blocks with ':results none'. The source
> is executed for effect and the last line of the source is:
> ... | tee /target/path/to/file.csv
>
> ⛔ Error (org-babel): Error reading results: (user-error "Region is
> longer than ‘org-table-convert-region-max-lines’ (999) lines; not
> converting")
>
> I expected that :results none would simply drop the output rather than
> complaining about it.
>
> Even though it says "error", the results seem to be correct.

This is because blocks with :results none may still be used as input for
other source blocks as reference or noweb reference. So, the results are
computed, but not inserted or otherwise indicated.

Could you please provide a reproducer so that we fix the issue with
table conversion?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,