Re: Debugging firefox extension (Re: idea for capture anywhere in x)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Debugging firefox extension (Re: idea for capture anywhere in x)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 12:42:10 +0300

* Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> [2022-11-17 06:19]:
> in other words, you click unicorn, it does some org-protocol call, and
> then it flashes that nice but misleading message.

That is why I am using Emacs to tell me audibly that bookmark was
recorded.

Forgive me for not using really Org to record what org-protocol
extension does, but this example may help people by principle to
people to get better notification:

(defun hyperscope-org-protocol-store-link (query)
  (if (hyperscope-user-www-set)
    (let* ((splitparts (org-protocol-parse-parameters query t))
           (uri (org-protocol-sanitize-uri (plist-get splitparts :url)))
           (title (plist-get splitparts :title))
           (hlink-exist (hyperscope-link-exists-p uri 2)))
      (if hlink-exist
          (progn
            (rcd-warning-message "Link: %s already exists." uri)
            (rcd-speak "Link exists already")
            nil)
        (let* ((parent (hyperscope-user-www-set))
               (id (hyperscope-add-generic title uri nil 2 nil parent)))
          (if id
              (progn
                (message "Added Hyperlink: %s to Hyperscope ID: %s" title id)
                (hyperscope-update-tokens id)
                (rcd-speak "Done")
                ;; speaking "Done" on my loud speaker tells me it was
                ;; made well
                nil)
            (progn
              (message "Could not insert: %s" query)
              (rcd-speak "Did not work")
              nil)))))
    (rcd-warning-message "Define WWW set for user `%s' in table
`usersdefaults'" (rcd-db-current-user))))

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman