Re: [OT] org and diff

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [OT] org and diff
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:06:51 -0700

On 11/12/22, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
> I have the following in my ~/.gitconfig:
>
> [diff "org"]
>   xfuncname = "^(\\*+ +.*)$"
>
> [core]
>       attributesfile = /home/yantar92/.gitattributes
>
> And ~/.gitattributes:
>
> *.org   diff=org

this looks interesting.  i thought this stuff was just for configuring
the helper text on the hunk headers that tell you what function the
hunk is in, kind of thing.  [which i thought there wasn't much you
could do with for org even in principle.]

however, i will try it to see if it actually changes the diff hunk contents.

> This will help grouping changes under the same heading.

i think this is what i want.

at least probably.

> Source: https://protesilaos.com/codelog/2021-01-26-git-diff-hunk-elisp-org/

idk why but this page is blank for me.  then if i try to disable
noscript restrictions, noscript says "This is a privileged page, whose
permissions cannot be configured".  so i guess the blog, or whatever
it is, is incompatible with my firefox-esr.

in addition, i encountered a broken org-capture extension problem with
your email post in gmail.  first i selected text, and i didn't get the
"captured" notification from the org-capture extension.  well, that's
probably firefox-esr's weird selection something or other.  selection
color and my black bg are simiar so i couldn't tell.  but nothing got
captured.

but then i selected it accurately and i /did/ get the captured
notification.  but nothing was captured to emacs.

and that is precisely the problem that is being discussed on a couple
of other ml threads: getting notified that capture from firefox
worked, reliably.  [the org-capture extension notifies you, but it
doesn't really know whether capture worked.]

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com