Re: [FR] Allow TITLE to be used as default export file name (was: [BUG]

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: [FR] Allow TITLE to be used as default export file name (was: [BUG] EXPORT_FILE_NAME keyword is used by `org-export-output-file-name' before macro expansion/INCLUDEs/removing COMMENTed trees (was: Confused about what the COMMENT keyword means))
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 08:53:06 +0100

Ihor Radchenko writes on Thu 10 Nov 2022 02:03:
 > Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:
 >
 > > > I recommend you to use :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: headline property and
 > > > export using subtree scope.
 > >
 > > Thanks a lot for the tip.  A suggestion: that the :TITLE:
 > > property be used if it exists.
 >
 > We currently fall back to file name if nothing else works.  Using
 > TITLE is possible but cannot be done by default as a fallback ---
 > existing users relying on current behaviour will be affected by
 > such change.
 >
 > We may add a defcustom though. It will be nil by default and
 > setting it to non-nil will make Org export fall back to TITLE
 > rather than file name.
 >
 > However, there is no point adding yet another option if not many
 > users are interested. I am changing the subject of this email to
 > facilitate the feedback.

I am surprised by this message: like I said earlier when replying to
myself to the same message as the one to which you are replying, I
discovered the :EXPORT_TITLE: (headline) property, which does exactly
what I was looking for.

It is as if you missed that message of mine (or did not understand
what I wanted to say) AND forgot or don't know about the
:EXPORT_TITLE: property.  As I find it rather unlikely, I guess you
are thinking of something else, which is beyond me.

At any rate, there is no need for anything new in this repect, even
for me.

Best.

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr