Re: [patch] improved: add TTL as defcustom to ox-icalendar

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [patch] improved: add TTL as defcustom to ox-icalendar
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 06:57:17 +0000

Detlef Steuer <steuer@hsu-hh.de> writes:

>> I think, it is better to wait for comments from an ox-icalendar user.
>
> Sure.

Sorry for the late reply.
I am not a user, but will the patch looks reasonable in general.

>> I am afraid, you will be tired trying to convince me that TTL should
>> be overridden for all users (not to say that I am not a maintainer).
>
> No, that wasn't my intention. Just tried to explain.

I agree that it is not a good idea to force-override server defaults.
Instead, I'd prefer the defcustom to default to nil (no TTL inserted)
and other possible values documented and listed in :type defcustom
argument.

>> I am not completely sure, but you patch may exceed "TINYCHANGE"
>> limit, so signing FSF copyright papers may be a prerequisite to
>> accept your patch.
>>

> Hmm, probably a good idea anyway.

The patch is on the edge, probably still acceptable without copyright
assignment. If you have it, it would be much better though.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,