[DISCUSSION] Unified handling of links between Org files on export (was:

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [DISCUSSION] Unified handling of links between Org files on export (was: export and cross links between files)
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 06:38:15 +0000

> On 01/11/2022 12:48, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>> Max Nikulin writes:
>>
>>> It seems org-id.el should be extended to handle some features common to
>>> all formats such as custom suffix instead of ".org"
>>
>> Could you please elaborate?
>
> Currently ox-html has an option to replace links to .org files with
> links to exported .html files. I suppose, this option should be
> generalized to other export backends. It is up to user to set
> appropriate target format to get cross links between exported files.

Some export processors (like ox-texinfo) can export to multiple output
formats. A simple defcustom will not cut it because one may want
different link transformations depending on the issued export command.

I am not sure if there is a clean generalized way to implement link
transformations on ox.el level. Individual backends may support this
better.

I guess a possible somewhat generic solution could be adding a new key
to org-export-define-backend and org-export-define-derived-backend.
Specifically for transforming links to other org files.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,