Re: org-fstree.el overview over directories (but no comments are possibl

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: org-fstree.el overview over directories (but no comments are possible)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 18:17:54 +0000

Uwe Brauer writes:

> Hm I played around with filetags and it is quite nice, I think, thanks
> for pointing it out to me.
>
> I would be extremely interested how you use helm-locate in that context,
> and you give me an example, please?
>
> For example I have the following tags added to a specific directory
> bio-hoja4 -- EDO Uwe.tex
> and
> h1A_ECM_n -- analysis1.tex
>
> How would I use helm-locate to search those tags?

At first I used a controlled vocabulary for the tags, setting the
variables filetags-enforce-controlled-vocabulary and
filetags-controlled-vocabulary. But I was getting some false positives.
So it occurred to me to configure this other variable like this:

(setq filetags-delimiter-between-filename-and-tags "%ftag_")

This way, if I start typing in helm-locate %ftag_ I already start
getting more accurate results. Like I said, it's not a panacea, but it
more or less does the trick :-)

BTW, i don't use helm-locate directly but helm-mini with a number of
sources related to buffers, markers, and files:

(setq helm-mini-default-sources '(helm-source-buffers-list
                                  helm-source-recentf
                                  helm-source-buffer-not-found
                                  helm-source-bookmarks
                                  helm-source-bookmark-set
                                  helm-source-locate))

So with a single call to helm-mini I can get information about open
buffers, recent files, bookmarks, and locate.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel