Re: [off-topic] E-readers and Org-Mode

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [off-topic] E-readers and Org-Mode
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 19:54:48 +0700

On 28/10/2022 00:53, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:

Everything said in this threed is very interesting, but now I am
hesitating between buying one of these devices or simply a 10-inch
tablet with a good screen, and then applying all possible blue light
filters to it.
Another option is a hardware filter: yellow glasses. I am unsure if the following statement is trustworthy, but marketing is based on suppressed chromatic aberration inside eyes.

I think, you should decide what is better for your sight: active screen and perhaps dark theme or paper-like reflective display. Some people complains that particular devices may have annoying flickering at low screen brightness due to pulse width modulation. Some devices have too bright screen even when brightness is set to min value.

If it is acceptable to you to limit device usage to reading and handwritten notes then a e-Ink might be really great. You can extend such notes in Emacs on a PC later.

P.S. Concerning free PDF annotation tool, I have not tested if it is convenient and available on Android, but Firefox-106 release notes have the following entry:

> It is now possible to edit PDFs: including writing text, drawing, and adding signatures.

Almost certainly "edit" in their parlance in namely annotations, not real changes of PDF structure.