Re: couldn't org-table-create-with-table\.el respect hline

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: couldn't org-table-create-with-table\.el respect hline
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 06:47:45 +0000

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> Do you need a specific table.el feature that you miss in native Org tables?
>
>  Merging and splitting cells!

Can you please send a separate message detailing the feature request and
how you envision this functionality to work? (I know that many people
desire this feature, but it is not easy. A good dedicated discussion
may help to push things forward in this area.)

Also, I am wondering what happens with merged cells when you convert
from table.el to native Org tables. I suspect that it does not work
well...

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,