Re: [BUG] Org mode treat tags as links

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Org mode treat tags as links
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 05:36:37 +0000

"Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> I defined a custom link type "video:".
>
> And when I added tag "video" in tags like bellowing:
>
> #+begin_src org
> * headline 1 :tag1:video:hello
> #+end_src

Note that this particular example actually contains a link. Because you
forgot the closing ":" in the tags.

I guess you meant

* headline 1 :tag1:video:hello:

> It caused the tag ":video:" parsed and recognized as link. Here is the
> screenshot:
> I suppose the link parsing need to be improved.

This is fontification error.
You can examine the parser state by issuing M-: (org-element-context) with
point at the "link". It is correctly recognized as a headline with no link.

The error is due to limitations in our current implementation of
fontification. Will be fixed in
https://orgmode.org/list/87ee7c9quk.fsf@localhost

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,