Re: when exporting to odt or html, latex equations are not exported when

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: when exporting to odt or html, latex equations are not exported when in soure block: BUG?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 16:39:02 +0200

>>> "IR" == Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> Hi
>>
>> I run a relative recent GNU Emacs and org master, however please
>> consider the following example:
>>
>> When exporting to html or odt (using dvipng in both cases) the first set
>> of equations in the source block are ignored.
>>
>> Can somebody please confirm this, and tell me whether I should open a
>> BUG report.
>> * A source block provides to export latex equations
>> #+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t

> Of course, the source block is ignored.
> According to 16.6 Results of Evaluation section of the manual,

> ‘latex’
>      Results enclosed in a ‘BEGIN_EXPORT latex’ block.  Usage example:
>      ‘:results value latex’.

> So, you are exporting results of the evaluation, which is latex export
> block. Such block will only get exported to latex. By definition.

So what shall I do then? I have an org file with matlab source code and latex
formula, having the latex formula surrounded by a block as in
#+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t
\begin{equation}
\label{eq:windeln-29-08-22:1}
\int
\end{equation}
#+end_src

Results in nice fortification. However sometimes I need to export the org file
to odt/html and would like to have the mathematical formula translated, so what
would be the best strategy?

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.