Re: [BUG][Security] begin_src :var evaluated before the prompt to confir

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG][Security] begin_src :var evaluated before the prompt to confirm execution
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 04:33:36 +0000

>> Should that be or is it a general policy for Org mode?
>
> I am afraid, it is unrealistic. Spreadsheet feature will be unusable.
> And it is another reason why I am strongly against formats designed for
> personal use rather than for web in browser context.

I disagree. We may ask about execution once for all the spreadsheet
formulas. Could you create an example of a spreadsheet running elisp
code and post it?

> Perhaps closely related issues exist with noweb references or some other
> way to use code outside of particular #+begin_src body. I am unsure if
> such problems should be discussed in this thread or in dedicated ones. I
> am still suffering from deja vu and I should just bump an earlier thread.

It is better to open a new thread compared to none.
If something is briefly discussed in an old thread, it is unlikely to be
noticed. Especially bugs not listed on updates.orgmode.org.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,