Re: Where is my init.el?

From: briangpowell
Subject: Re: Where is my init.el?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 18:14:19 -0400

You can put it anywhere you like--you can even have as many as you want:

$ emacs -l /somedirectory/init1.el -l /someotherdirectory/init2.el

Realize the default "init.el" is actually ~/.emacs so just ensure that your init.el file(s) don't conflict with it and/or throw the "-q" switch which ignores it